Wednesday, April 29

Traffic police officers/constables in Bangalore

Today, 29th April 2009. When I was returning home after a hectic days work at office, I had to deal with an extremely cheap traffic police constable.

I drive a Bajaj Pulsar 150cc dtsi, the bike has two eyes on its headlight shield. I had to change the eyes and turn it into blue, because I am a automotive enthusiast and I really don't care if this is against the traffic rules.

A traffic constable blocked my way back home and asked "What is this extra fitting on the headlight?", I replied 'Sir, this is not extra fitting instead, my bikes lights got burnt on one side so I had to change the bulb, since I was an enthusiast I preferred my bike to look more attractive I changed them from yellow to blue. The constable angrily stared at me and said this is public nuisance, vehicles coming on the opposite side find it difficult to drive on Bangalore roads. I said “Sir, I agree to you, but there is no harm in using blue eyes as it doesn't even reach the drivers eyes to get distracted while driving. He did not agree to what I said because his main aim was to take money from me. He repeatedly said, I will call the Inspector then you will have to pay 300 rupees, I said, no issues I am ready to pay if i receive the receipt for it. He was quite reluctant to give me the receipt, also he had my Driving License. After waiting there for around 15-20 minutes, the constable came and asked "give me whatever you want", I had a 15 rupees I just handed over to him, he was so cheap, that he just had a blushing face while he took the money.

This made me think so deeply until I reached home, and still not got an answer.

"Why are police officers/constables in Bangalore so cheap?"

No comments: